“Hairy Fairing” will decrease the hydrodynamic drag by 40 – 60%. The “Hairy fairing” can be incorporated in a short length of cable, or for the entire length of cable.
The fairing material can be polyester, polyamide or copolymer in construction.
Key advantages include;
– Cables are unaffected by winches or sheaving
– Utilise excisting deployment equipment
– Major reduction in cable vibration
– Reduced accustic noice
– Improved longevity of cable performance
– Cable chafing and abrasion is reduced
– Available in any cable diameter
– Seismic tow cables
– Sonar buoy cables
– Towed array cables
– Thermisor array and string cables
– ROV tethers